[kwlug-disc] floss fund nomination

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Thu Feb 17 14:20:38 EST 2011

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 11:11:29AM -0500, Brian Nickle wrote:
> +1 for Bump The Queue

The next three nominees are by Brian, Chris Frey and John van Ostrand.
We have a positive vote from you, and some personal communication from
Chris (which I think suggested he would be okay with the idea,
although I am not certain).

The portion of the Cabal that is not currently distracted with shiny
new babies has spoken. They left me a note written in blood
(presumably not their own blood) saying that they did not have strong
feelings about the switch.

If John has strong feelings against being bumped then we should take
those feelings under consideration. But it looks like I have the
minority opinion here, and I am okay with that.

One thing I will dig in my heels about is an assertion that I hope
this does not set a precedent. Last year there was a request to bump
the queue for a Haitian charity, and we decided against that. I hope
future decisions will not come up often.

Unless I hear a strong backlash I will change the queue tomorrow.

> Alright all you TeX writers composing emails in Pine let the
> flamwars begin ;)

Composing mails in vim, thank you very much.

- Paul

--
http://pnijjar.freeshell.org