[kwlug-disc] Palm replacement? Android pad?

unsolicited at swiz.ca unsolicited at swiz.ca
Tue Feb 15 23:29:10 EST 2011

On Tue, 15 Feb 2011 23:14:18 -0500, Khalid Baheyeldin <kb at 2bits.com>
wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 10:49 PM, <unsolicited at swiz.ca> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 15 Feb 2011 17:59:26 -0500, Khalid Baheyeldin <kb at 2bits.com>
>> wrote:
>> > With an Android device, your contacts and Calendars are synched
>> > automatically,
>> > over WiFi.
>>
>> Sync's to what? Google?
>>

> Yes.
>
> Gmail, Google Calendar, and Google Contacts have built-in apps on
Android.

> You have your own copy on the device, and it syncs over Wifi (or over
> 2G/3G) automatically.
>
> No cables needed.

Pity.

Google is a poor app compared to the richness of the Palm apps, let alone
korganizer, etc. I'll do everything I can to delay switching, if I can, if
that's all there is.

John - you might see if Mary is happy with what Google provides in terms
of functionality / copy her data in. If nothing else, you get a backup, and
multi-point access. Until you get an Android, that is.