[kwlug-disc] Palm replacement? Android pad?

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Tue Feb 15 17:59:26 EST 2011

[Egyptian Revolution is over. The end of Mubarak, and the beginning for
Egypt. So I am back.]

Depends on the form factor.

If you want a largish screen, then the "pad"s are your best option.

If you can make do with something the same size of a Pam, then a used
unlocked Android phone should do the job.

You can get them used off Kijiji. For example, a 4" Sony Ericsson Xperia X10
is $275 or thereabouts. Some cost more ($400-500), others can be $150 to
$200. I got the oldish G1 for a friend for just $125. It is not the most
responsive
device though.

With an Android device, your contacts and Calendars are synched
automatically,
over WiFi.

You don't need to connect and sync, nor you do need Windows to do that.