[kwlug-disc] First impressions: Less than impressed with freeswitch for home usage

Raul Suarez rarsa at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 11 21:30:28 EST 2011

Unfortunately the Live CD was unusable in my test system (P4, 2.4 GHz, 2 GB
RAM). I've never seen such a slow Live CD.

I added a user and an extension. I configured my ATA to the server's IP port
5060 Entered the extension # and password. The ATA was never able to register.

Given that my configuration will be simple, I think that the Asterisk manual
configuration won't give me too many headaches.

Thank you for the link though.

If someone wants to save the download and CD Burn, I can bring the FusionPBX CD
to our next meeting. Hopefully you will have better luck,
Raul Suarez

Technology consultant
Software, Hardware and Practices
Twitter: rarsamx