[kwlug-disc] KWLUG and Voip

Insurance Squared Inc. gcooke at insurancesquared.com
Fri Feb 11 09:08:25 EST 2011

Given how prominent VOIP is in the community, and it's general reliance
on linux, does the group think my previous idea of the LUG promoting
VOIP publicly to be a good idea?

I'm wondering if the group put on a free 'voip Saturday' or something.
We find some space and corral some presenters and providers on
home/business/tech voip.  Then do some promotion and see if it draws in
the folks.  I know the lug has done some talks on this, but perhaps it
makes sense to expand it a bit.

Or are my dreams too big? :)

g.