[kwlug-disc] Asterisk: Ekiga

Raul Suarez rarsa at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 6 10:50:30 EST 2011

On Sun, 06 Feb 2011 10:08:31 -0500, <unsolicited at swiz.ca> wrote:
> Don't you need a non-asterisk registered free sip tester account calling
> ekiga or askterisk directly for your tests?

Yes, that's exactly what I am asking someone to do. Someone with an
ekiga.net account that could call my ekiga.net account associated with my
asterisk server.

Just for the benefit of those who may not know: "Ekiga" is actually two
things.

- Ekiga.net which is a SIP provider
- Ekiga soft phone which is the preferred SIP phone for the ekiga network

You can configure asterisk to have an ekiga.net address so other people in
the ekiga network can call you and you can call other people on the ekiga
network.

--
Raul Suarez

Technology consultant