[kwlug-disc] Asterisk: SIP vs IAX

Raul Suarez rarsa at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 4 13:34:01 EST 2011

Quality is important. 90% of the phone use at my home is for calls from Mexico.

So it is not the "casual" calling, but hours at a time. :)

So having the local (rarely used) on Unlimitel and the virtual on a crappy line may be a deal breaker.

I'll guess I'll have to try before I disconnect Vonage.

Raul Suarez

Technology consultant
Software, Hardware and Practices
Twitter: rarsamx