[kwlug-disc] CRTC to reverse ruling. Have we won?

Colin Mackay zixiekat at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 11:02:47 EST 2011

CRTC must reverse internet usage ruling: ClementAsked by the CBC's Rosemary
Barton through Twitter whether it's true that Clement would overturn that
decision if the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission
does not back down, the industry minister replied: "True. CRTC must go back
to drawing board."

It's a victory, but did we win the war, or just the battle?  If the CRTC is
being asked to go back to the drawing board, what do you think will come
next?  Sam thing with a better percentage for the smaller ISPs, or will the
CRTC grow a backbone and actually listen to the average Canadians it's
supposed to represent?

I posted this on another thread, but the thread was miles long, so I'll
start a discussion here...

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2011/02/03/crtc-internet-clement.html?ref=rss