[kwlug-disc] Reading the eyesurf website ... (was ... something else)

Chris Frey cdfrey at foursquare.net
Thu Feb 3 01:58:37 EST 2011

On Wed, Feb 02, 2011 at 11:16:35PM -0500, unsolicited at swiz.ca wrote:
> Any eyesurf users, or coming converts, do please keep the list apprised of
> your impressions.

I'm not yet a customer, just poking them with questions so far.

> Am I reading the limited information present on their site correctly:
>
> As far as the home user is concerned, their phone service, which is not
> VoIP, appears to the consumer just like Bell - plug in your regular phone,
> get on with your day. And at $5/month, makes Unlimitel unnecessary, from a
> cost savings vis a vis Bell landline perspective.

It's a POTS style line, just like Bell.  All the normal phone features
are apparently included at no extra charge.

> Looking at the terms and conditions, there's no restriction on having your
> own e-mail server, but you may not run a list.

Yeah, I didn't see any limits on your own email server either.  I should
ask them explicitly.

> No mention of dry loop fees. Huh?

The dry loop fee is included in the $45 unlimited internet cost.  HST
is not included (naturally), nor is the modem rental if you decide to rent.
So that's on top.

They will need your address and postal code to determine if their service
is available in your section of KW.

- Chris