[kwlug-disc] UBB Discussion, look at Cogeco

L.D. Paniak ldpaniak at fourpisolutions.com
Tue Feb 1 13:13:38 EST 2011

Bender, is that you?

You can cover a lot of ground with directed 80211a point-to-point links
eg:

http://www.beezwaxproducts.com/product_info.php?products_id=107

http://www.beezwaxproducts.com/popup_add_image.php?imagesID=85&osCsid=206f1915f49fa0097ecf85245a97278c&products_id=107'

One could make the hardware rather maintenance-free/ redundant, but the
whole system would cost money. I'd envision a non-profit organization
over-seeing the show.

The real trick is to get a proper internet portal to direct all the
traffic through.  Retail is not going to do.  I would include Atria(aka
Rogers) in that category. One needs to completely circumvent the
gibberish of the CRTC and talk to wholesale vendors.

Think Bell will let us coloc a wireless "a" bridge at one of their COs?