[kwlug-disc] UBB Discussion, look at Cogeco

Kyle Spaans 3lucid at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 10:23:24 EST 2011

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 9:43 AM, Rashkae <rashkae at tigershaunt.com> wrote:

>  11-02-01 09:41 AM, Rashkae wrote:
>>
>> As an example as alternatives, have a close look at the Cogeco Internet
>> packages.  The UBB here is almost in line with the Charges approved by CRTC
>> (unlike the TekkSavvy insanity!)

I don't know what you've got against Teksavvy, their adjusted prices
are _exactly_
the same as other Bell resellers, as well as Bell's own DSL prices.

> Ok,,, replying to myself since I can't cancel an e-mail and avoid looking
> like an idiot.. Cogeco is Cable, not DSL, so not really part of this
> discussion.. Sorry.

http://crtc.gc.ca/eng/archive/2011/2011-44.htm

If you read the ruling, Rogers and Cogeco are listed, so UBB will be coming
to them eventually as well. (Teksavvy confirmed this, saying that their cable
offering will change to, but later, DSL is getting changed first). What remains
to be seen is how they change their plans, based on how the DSL UBB
goes, and (if) how the government reevaluates the CRTC's decision.

"No one is safe" :-)  So we can talk about almost all Internet Providers in
Canada!