[kwlug-disc] CarrierIQ

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Mon Dec 5 01:23:13 EST 2011

Here's an article full of quotes from researchers, vendors and carriers.
Largely the particular incident with Carrier IQ seems to be a tempest in
a teapot.  But Paul's concerns about conducting and publishing such
research in Canada once Bill C11 becomes law are very valid, and should
be cause for concern for any technologists.

    By now it seems abundantly clear that, contrary to earlier reports,
    the Carrier IQ technology is not actually a "rootkit keylogger."

Bob Jonkman<bjonkman at sobac.com>          http://sobac.com/sobac/
Software   ---   Office&  Business Automation   ---   Consulting