[kwlug-disc] Anyone using Acanac cable internet in K-W - your experience?

Jason Locklin locklin.jason at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 16:46:31 EDT 2011

On Tue, 2011-08-23 at 18:20 -0400, unsolicited wrote:
> Anyone using Acanac cable internet in K-W?
>
> Anything good or bad to comment upon - decent speed, times of reduced
> speed, installation issues, or other problems?

I have their Cable here, way out on the far side of the river in
Bridgeport. I have the 15Mb connection, but often see up to 22Mb, even
during peak times. The odd day, however, it has slowed down considerably
-perhaps when they were doing work.

As a side note, I had an SPA2102 connected between the cable modem and
my network router so that it could traffic shape. For some reason, the
thing couldn't handle more than 9Mb sustained, got hot, and often just
froze. I wasn't satisfied with the Internet service until I realized
what was going on with the ATA and moved it off to a side port.
__
Jason Locklin