[kwlug-disc] Kitchener-Waterloo Debates and C-32 - Braid defends C-32 and digital locks

Russell McOrmond russellmcormond at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 11:53:00 EDT 2011

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 10:55 PM, unsolicited <unsolicited at swiz.ca> wrote:
> Kudos to those who got the issue out into the forum.
>
> Interesting how our little corner of the world can resonate out to a larger
> geographic area, such as Ottawa, or the country.

  While Peter Braid is no Sam Bulte, the fact that he got so confused
in the debate about what the issue was with anti-interoperability
locks on content is telling.   He was in all the meetings, and you
would think he would have learned something about digital locks: but
didn't.

  I could get a much better impression of his personal views and
knowledge/etc from the recording of the debate than I did from
attending nearly all the C-32 committee meetings in person.

  Do people have time to go to his campaign office for some
one-on-one?  I think the more visible it becomes in the campaign that
he doesn't understand technology (something important to the riding),
the more impact this would become on the campaign.

Please help us tell the Canadian Parliament to protect our property
rights as owners of Information Technology. Sign the petition!
http://creform.ca/petition/ict/

 manufacturers, can pry my camcorder, computer, home theatre, or
 portable media player from my cold dead hands!"