[kwlug-disc] OT: Replacement notebook batteries?

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Wed Apr 20 23:00:07 EDT 2011

I did see this post some days ago, so I think the list is flowing
properly.

I did poke about myself for you, but had no good answers - so didn't
reply. [I agree, and from my own experience, be it laptops, cordless
phones, pda's, or whatever - battery prices are just stupid. Some have
commented in the past that it's cheaper on an old laptop to go buy
another refurb laptop than buy a replacement battery. <ludicrous> The
pro of getting the battery is not having to refactor your environment.
The con is you could take advantage of updated technology.]

GL