[kwlug-disc] Party Websites and FLOSS

Russell McOrmond russellmcormond at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 11:46:46 EDT 2011

On Sat, Apr 16, 2011 at 8:05 PM, Paul Nijjar <paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca> wrote:
> Overall, not bad. If only we could parlay this adoption of FLOSS-based
> websites into FLOSS-friendly policy. Sucks to be us.

  It is quite useful in conversations.  It is part of the "You have
been using and depending on FLOSS for years, just without realizing
it".  I also talk about how Google, Amazon, Facebook, Twitter and
other such companies are all built on top of FLOSS.

  But having them notice their own or their parties direct usage is ideal.

  They'll never notice on their own -- it is all just part of getting
your foot in the door and opening their ears to what you have to say.
 You have to be willing to have those face-to-face meetings for it to
matter.

Please help us tell the Canadian Parliament to protect our property
rights as owners of Information Technology. Sign the petition!
http://creform.ca/petition/ict/

 manufacturers, can pry my camcorder, computer, home theatre, or
 portable media player from my cold dead hands!"