[kwlug-disc] CD benchmarking program

John Johnson jvj at golden.net
Wed Apr 13 13:11:39 EDT 2011

I suggest that you check out SpinRite from Gibson Research
<http://www.grc.com/>http://www.grc.com/
This writeup from GRC mentions that 6.0 is Linux compatible:
http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/7684
While SpinRite is designed for HDD I suspect that some of its
benchmarking tools will work for a CD/DVD.
Alas, SpinRite is not FLOSS.
JohnJ

On 2011-04-13 12:55, Paul Nijjar wrote:
> In the Windows world, there is a program called Nero DiscSpeed,
> available here: http://www.nero.com/ena/tools-utilities.html
>
> My question: Is there a comparable (preferably FLOSS) software
> available for Linux (or DOS)? I want something I can set up on a PXE
> server.
>
> - Paul

-----
No virus found in this message.