[kwlug-disc] Android Experts

Fernando Duran liberosec at yahoo.ca
Tue Apr 5 15:09:49 EDT 2011

--- On Tue, 4/5/11, John Van Ostrand <john at netdirect.ca> wrote:

> From: John Van Ostrand <john at netdirect.ca>
> Subject: Re: [kwlug-disc] Android Experts
> To: "KWLUG discussion" <kwlug-disc at kwlug.org>
> I'm finding it tough to decide on the
> size. My technology averse wife could use it to search for
> recipes in the kitchen and do the occasional web site lookup
> and a 10" would be perfect for that. But I'm thinking an
> ebook reader is in my future and an 10" seems to big. Maybe
> it means two devices.

I could have written that :-) I guess we're in the same market. I played with a Kindle and it's very nice, it even renders web sites that are text and pictures and you can check your gmail for example (plus there's the G3 version). I checked out the iPad2 and it's just too big and heavy for eReader in my opinion, plus I don't see my need for a laptop without keyboard / oversized iTouch.

Fernando Duran
http://www.fduran.com