[kwlug-disc] OpenSource mapping at the retail level -finally!

Insurance Squared Inc. gcooke at insurancesquared.com
Mon Apr 4 09:25:49 EDT 2011

I just downloaded a GPS app for my Ipad.  Standard GPS app, navigation,
streets, etc etc etc.  But it was FREE!  Because it's based on
openstreetmap data.

Thanks Richard and everyone else for working so hard on the data and the
project.  Turning map data from something completely closed and
proprietary into something completely open and consumer-level useable is
one of the biggest successes in open source in recent history.

g.