[kwlug-disc] Looking for electoral district commentary..

Russell McOrmond russellmcormond at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 19:04:57 EDT 2011

  Today I paid a visit two the top two candidates in my riding of
Ottawa South, and posted my thoughts at http://BillC32.ca/5309

  I am wondering if people could take the time to do something similar
for their districts?  Pick the top candidates, your favorite
candidates, or whatever you like.  If you *are* a candidate, this is
an open invitation to post election related material to the Canadian
technology community.  I'd love to see a bit of the dynamic in each
district.

  Signing up for http://digital-copyright.ca is easy.  It's a Drupal
site with the OpenID stuff enabled.  Register at
http://www.digital-copyright.ca/user/register , and it will send an
email to verify your account.  Click on the verification URL, and then
you can post comments to any existing article.  After I read comments
which clearly indicate you are a real person, I increase the access
level to be able to post without moderation.  If you want to post
directly (your own blog on that site), send me an email.

  Many people don't like to have to remember a password for yet
another site.  If you are an OpenID user, add your URL via "My
account" (menu on right) and then "OpenID identities".  If you don't
think you are an OpenID user, then check out
http://openid.net/get-an-openid/ as you likely already are and didn't
know it.  Anyone with a Gmail or other Google account can enable a
Google Profile and use that URL (Go to http://google.com/profiles/me
to find yours).

Please help us tell the Canadian Parliament to protect our property
rights as owners of Information Technology. Sign the petition!
http://fix.billc32.ca/petition/ict/

 manufacturers, can pry my camcorder, computer, home theatre, or
 portable media player from my cold dead hands!"