[kwlug-disc] Android everywhere ...

Raul Suarez rarsa at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 26 00:31:43 EDT 2010

Actually I wanted to close with a reference to choice in Linux, but I forgot.

Here it is:

Not everyone wants choice for something, but everyone will want choice for some things.

Limiting choice because some other people will not find an advantage is the wrong approach.

Having the cookie cutter approach for most people AND the choice for some others makes more sense.

Here again is another car analogy: Most people drive a stock car while The choice of accessories to modify them is still there for those so inclined.

In Linux there will be the stock Android derived OS for each phone, while there is the option to root it and customize it to the user's liking.

I don't see it as a paradox.

Raul Suarez

Technology consultant
Software, Hardware and Practices