[kwlug-disc] .ppsx to .pdf (oh the misery)

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Sat Sep 25 21:32:16 EDT 2010

On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 06:58:28PM -0400, Johnny Ferguson wrote:

> I thought the newer versions of Office could export to PDF out of the
> box. Good recommendation regardless.

They can on the versions of Office we have installed at work.

> In lieu of that, thanks for the recommendations. Looks like I'm stuck
> dealing with the devil for now (or taking a hike to his open-access labs
> for a few printouts).

Rather than the full devil, perhaps you could deal with a fiend or imp
instead by installing the PowerPoint viewer under WINE?

http://www.wine-reviews.net/microsoft/word-2003-excel-2003-powerpoint-2007-viewers-with-wine.html

I have no idea how well this will work, and RMS will be grumpy at you
for contaminating your installation, but it might be worth a shot.

- Paul

--
http://pnijjar.freeshell.org