[kwlug-disc] .ppsx to .pdf (oh the misery)

Johnny Ferguson hyperflexed at gmail.com
Sat Sep 25 17:35:22 EDT 2010

I've been given .ppsx files (supposedly some kind of play-only slideshow
format from microshaft). I'd really like to turn them into PDFs.

I've tried all the solutions on the OOo site, and none of them seem to
work (at least not for .ppsx (which is never listed explicitly as a
supported format)).

Anyone know of some well-hidden solution to what I imagine is a common
problem? Failing that, might I suggest the next FLOSS fund donation go
towards the development of a 200 petawatt laser cannon to burn Redmond
off the face of the earth?

I guess if no solution is available, I'll have to beg my instructor to
click 2 extra buttons to make some PDFs (though I tried it with another,
and he was resistant to the point of flat-out refusing).

-Johnny