[kwlug-disc] Lucid is disappointing .. was Android everywhere ...

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Wed Sep 15 09:52:33 EDT 2010

On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 8:48 AM, Ralph Janke <txwikinger at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> On 09/14/2010 04:10 PM, Paul Nijjar wrote:
>

>> Until the disappointing Lucid release, I think the conventional wisdom
>> was "Start with Ubuntu".

I have to disagree.

Lucid is on all the desktops/laptops that I help with (4 so far).

The 9.04 release was the one that was a disaster. 9.10 was a bit better.
10.04 is an LTS, and I am sticking with it until the next LTS.

On the server, 10.04 has PHP 5.3, which broke some apps that worked
with PHP 5.2, but that will be solved in the months to come, as the apps
would make themselves 5.3 compatible.
--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.