[kwlug-disc] Android everywhere ...

Eric Gerlach eric+kwlug at gerlach.ca
Mon Sep 13 11:47:08 EDT 2010

I too have been loving my Android phone (Nexus One) since I got it.
The base Android is great, but it gets even better when you can add
apps.

I'm a huge fan of Remember The Milk, Seesmic (for Twitter), Evernote,
VLC Remote (awesome now that my fiancée and I are watching lots of
video on a computer), the Dolphin HD browser (way better than the
stock one), and K-9 Mail (way better than the stock IMAP email
client).

Oh, and how could I forget ShapeWriter, which is an awesome keyboard
replacement (not officially available anymore, but you can find it).

It also works quite well as a phone, though not as well as my old Nokia 2125i.

I think Android is going to be the eventual winner, though I'd love to
see WebOS and MeeGo get into the game in a meaningful way, too.

Downloading Google Sky now...

Cheers,

Eric