[kwlug-disc] Contact software

Insurance Squared Inc. gcooke at insurancesquared.com
Wed Oct 27 20:59:16 EDT 2010

What are folks using to manage contacts?  I've decided to get rid of my
pile of business cards for something more permanent.

I started using kaddressbook, but that seems like a fairly discrete
program.  Have to fire it up every time I want to look up a number,
which seems cumbersome.  Also doesn't seem like it integrates with
thunderbird, i.e the kaddressbook entries aren't visible in thunderbird.

I know the answer's 'complex', but can we integrate contact software
like kaddress book with asterisk as well?  It'd sure be nice to just
scroll threw my address book on my desktop, press clickety click, and
have the phone dialed.  Maybe I'm getting lazy here.

g.