[kwlug-disc] Media errors on a USB disk

Daniel Allen dada.da at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 09:33:54 EDT 2010

I saw a presentation from the company mentioned above, with the
audience being IT workers at the University of Waterloo. The guy was
very light on technical detail for a 45 minute talk, even when I asked
why he wouldn't trust 'dd' for making a disk copy of a bad disk; all
he could say was dd has confusing options leading to user error.
...which confused me :p