[kwlug-disc] Fast transfer protocol?

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Fri Oct 22 13:53:12 EDT 2010

On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 11:24:21AM -0700, Raul Suarez wrote:
> When transferring large amounts of data, I've noticed that the network is used 25% to 50%.
>
> What I've done is use a cross-over cable. That has given me close to 100% bandwidth utilization.

Ooh. I like this.

My purposes are twofold: to determine whether my gigabit network card
is capable of transfering at anything close to a gigabit (which
prompted the question I asked) and to transfer files back quickly when my
servers die and I have to do a full system restore. A crossover cable
might really help in the latter situation.

- Paul

--
http://pnijjar.freeshell.org

All-candidates audio: http://www.theworkingcentre.org/acm-audio.html