[kwlug-disc] SSD Drives/desktop

Darcy Casselman dscassel at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 19:54:54 EDT 2010

I wish I had eSATA on my laptop.  That way I could put a disk image
file on a spinning disk and see how that compares to the XP VM I've
got running on the SSD on the same machine.

Said VM *feels* faster than the enterprise workstation class machine
natively running Windows at work.

This is Windows we're talking about, after all.  It *always* swaps.
You could give it 32GB RAM and it'll still swap to disk.

Darcy.