[kwlug-disc] [OT] QOS router

Insurance Squared Inc. gcooke at insurancesquared.com
Wed Oct 20 20:07:49 EDT 2010

Can anyone give me some guidance on a QOS engine?  I've got a Dlink QOS
router with the QOS running so that my voip calls take preference.  But
it doesn't work worth a darn.  Anyone doing any uploads/downloads makes
my calls choppy.  I think even my kids playing on XBOX live make it choppy.

I've got traffic shaping, dynamic fragmentation, qos engine, and
automatic classification all enabled in the router.  Seems like the
router should take it from there?  I can do manual settings if needed,
but not sure I should have to.

g.