[kwlug-disc] printer paused

Insurance Squared Inc. gcooke at insurancesquared.com
Wed Oct 20 16:52:54 EDT 2010

I've got a network (wireless) printer that stopped working after a jam.
It won't work from two seperate linux boxes.  It's not the wireless
connection, I can get online to the admin panel and print test pages,
but won't print from the desktops.

The bit of diagnosis I can do would seem that perhaps a queue is stuck
somewhere.  My linux control panel says variously that the printer is
paused, or processing a file.

I've tried everything I can think of and that's all I got.  I want to
say it's like in Windows when the printer goes offline, you can right
click and uncheck the offline status, and the printer goes back online
again.  Is there something similiar in linux?

(I haven't tried printing from a windows box, though I could boot up
virtualbox and see if that works).

g.