[kwlug-disc] YouTube for audio

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Fri Oct 8 09:49:37 EDT 2010

On Thu, Oct 07, 2010 at 11:15:48PM -0400, Khalid Baheyeldin wrote:
> Yes, many people do that. There are all sorts of playlists on Youtube for
> music and what not.
>
> But, wouldn't the bandwidth usage be much more that way than (say) a plain
> MP3?
>
> For elections stuff, what Raul says is fine. Everyone knows what Youtube is.

Maybe this is the way to go. I will have to work out whether I have to
chop up the audio into 15 minute chunks, and how to do video editing
well enough to make the "video". Basically, using any kind of video
makes life more complicated, and life is plenty complicated right now.

Releasing an MP3 would have been nice because people would have been
able to play the audio as a podcast. But maybe that is an obsolete
concern in this Brave New World.

- Paul

--
http://pnijjar.freeshell.org - Now with Waterloo election info

All-candidates meetings Oct 12, 13, 19 at Queen Street Commons; see
http://www.theworkingcentre.org/pub/2010/2010-10-allcandidates.pdf