[kwlug-disc] I hereby OSS my business idea

Raul Suarez rarsa at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 6 23:02:22 EDT 2010

--- On Tue, 10/5/10, Chris Frey <cdfrey at foursquare.net> wrote:

> From: Chris Frey <cdfrey at foursquare.net>
> Subject: Re: [kwlug-disc] I hereby OSS my business idea
> To: "KWLUG discussion" <kwlug-disc at kwlug.org>
> On Tue, Oct 05, 2010 at 08:39:18PM
> -0400, Khalid Baheyeldin wrote:
> > There are many rooted images out there, most of them
> legal (no Google unlicensed components in them).
>
> When you say "rooted", do you mean that you actually have to take
> special measures to hack an Android device, instead of just installing
> a different OS like you would on a PC?

Rooting in the Android is not a hack. It is actually an officially documented option to provide you with root access after acknowledging that once you root it you are on your own.

So, in fact, it is just like a switch. After that you can install the different "mods" including the official and development Android versions (as opposed to the carrier provided version).

Raul Suarez

Technology consultant
Software, Hardware and Practices
Twitter: rarsamx