[kwlug-disc] I hereby OSS my business idea

Raul Suarez rarsa at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 6 23:02:22 EDT 2010

--- On Tue, 10/5/10, Chris Frey <cdfrey at foursquare.net> wrote:

> From: Chris Frey <cdfrey at foursquare.net>
> Subject: Re: [kwlug-disc] I hereby OSS my business idea
> To: "KWLUG discussion" <kwlug-disc at kwlug.org>
> On Tue, Oct 05, 2010 at 08:39:18PM
> -0400, Khalid Baheyeldin wrote:
> > There are many rooted images out there, most of them
> legal (no Google unlicensed components in them).
> When you say "rooted", do you mean that you actually have to take
> special measures to hack an Android device, instead of just installing
> a different OS like you would on a PC?

Rooting in the Android is not a hack. It is actually an officially documented option to provide you with root access after acknowledging that once you root it you are on your own.

So, in fact, it is just like a switch. After that you can install the different "mods" including the official and development Android versions (as opposed to the carrier provided version).

Twitter: rarsamx