[kwlug-disc] Ubuntu Release Parties

Darcy Casselman dscassel at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 21:01:48 EDT 2010

On Sun, Oct 3, 2010 at 12:48 AM, Bob Jonkman <bjonkman at sobac.com> wrote:
>  If the Toronto Ubuntu Release Party is held on a day and time that doesn't
> conflict with Kwartzlab's URP, does anyone want to accompany me to TO's
> Linuxcaffe to crash their party?

The Toronto party will be either the 16th (the same day as Kwartzlab)
or the 17th.

If it's the 17th, I'm tempted.  Even though there are probably other
things I ought to be doing that day.

> When is the KW URP, anyway?  http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/team/327/detail/
> says it's on Saturday, 16 October from 17:00-22:00. I thought that was UTC,
> but http://kwartzlab.ca/events/2010-10-16/ubuntu-maverick-meerkat-releas
> says 19:00-22:00 which is almost certainly local time...

7pm, EDT.  The LoCo directory shows times in UTC, which is annoying.
There's a bug about it, here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/loco-directory/+bug/610416  Feel free to
get on the "this bug affects me" list and comment.

The release is a week away!  Party is less than two.

I'm totally not ready for this.

Darcy.