[kwlug-disc] January meeting date and other questions

L.D. Paniak ldpaniak at fourpisolutions.com
Mon Nov 29 08:38:57 EST 2010

On Sun, 2010-11-28 at 18:58 -0500, Bob Jonkman wrote:
> Is 3 January a Holiday Monday, in lieu of New Years Day on the
> Saturday?  If so, is our January meeting on 3 January or on 10 January?
> http://kwlug.org/node/741

Apparently this is also a source of confusion for the rest of the world.
The kids go to school on the 3rd.

> Also, it would be wonderful if there was an Atom/RSS feed of the
> upcoming meeting notices...  And an iCal feed with meeting details.
> 4πSolutions does a great job, but that calendar doesn't contain meeting
> details:
> https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=ldpaniak70%40gmail.com&ctz=America/Toronto
>
> --Bob.

The current calendar system is somewhat clunky and only integrated with
the LUG website to the extent that someone manually adds details to
calendar entries.  Is it possible to add a native calendar/atom/rss
system to the website?

Also, can we remove references to the Working Centre(s) from the
location page?  We haven't been there in a year and I know the
extraneous info has been a source of confusion.