[kwlug-disc] Barry (Solved)

Chris Frey cdfrey at foursquare.net
Thu Nov 25 17:13:56 EST 2010

Hi Richard,

Barry, so far, only provides the low level communication utilities.
i.e. it provides pppob, which you can hook into pppd to gain modem
functionality over USB.  Any easier way to do this is done by other
GUI tools, if they exist.

Since bluetooth support is provided by the kernel, you can use the
same low level techniques you might use with Barry, for Bluetooth.

You can find some notes from Michael Brown at the end of the
doc/www/modem.php file, on setting up Bluetooth:

	http://repo.or.cz/w/barry.git/blob/HEAD:/doc/www/modem.php

I'll copy them here.  Basically, put the following in your
/etc/bluetooth/rfcomm.conf file, replacing the X's with your Bluetooth BADDR.

rfcomm0 {
	bind yes;
	device XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX;
	channel 1;
	comment "Blackberry Dialup";
}

Then in your usual peer file (/etc/ppp/peers/barry-rogers, for example),
remove the pty line and add:

/dev/rfcomm0
115200

- Chris