[kwlug-disc] [Wsic] Your country needs you (or "Our MP is on the C-32 committee")

Stephen Paul Weber singpolyma at singpolyma.net
Mon Nov 22 10:23:33 EST 2010

On Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at 11:53, Kyle Spaans <3lucid at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at 10:16 AM, Denver Gingerich <denver at ossguy.com> wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> Apparently (and quite surprisingly to me) Peter Braid is one of the 12
>> people on the committee that will be revising Bill C-32:
>
> I've attached the contents of a reply I got via email from Peter
> Braid's office

I received a similar letter in response to my hand-written objections.

> for consumers to time/format-shift etc... Does anyone know if what that email
> claims is true, or is a misdirection?

As has already been said, it's mostly true.

For anyone who wants a more geek-friendly version of the bill, I have
produced it as a diff at
<https://github.com/singpolyma/Copyright-Act-of-Canada/commit/b06c25a2460ea413bff94f095a51f2e875a4b418>

--
Stephen Paul Weber, @singpolyma