[kwlug-disc] Your country needs you (or "Our MP is on the C-32 committee")

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Mon Nov 22 01:05:29 EST 2010

A motivator of politicians is large numbers of constituents. Even with
all you say, better a meeting with many constituents in the same time
in might take to meet with 1. In essence, a meeting is a petition. And
petitions carry weight for some reason. [Not looking for an
explanation of that, here.] Certainly your comments reflect my
thinking of most petitions and all the names on them.

But by all means get the largest group you can together. Despite your
points.

Your points with respect to easy sound bite communication are all
valid - but that audience is all MP's, not just ours, at one meeting.

>>> kwlug-disc_kwlug.org at kwlug.org