[kwlug-disc] Social Night feedback and future topics

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Wed Nov 17 13:45:48 EST 2010

On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 3:57 PM, Paul Nijjar <paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca> wrote:

> Our November meeting consisted of a social night.
>
> How did people feel about it?

It was great.

Things to consider for future socials:

- Invite people to post on what they want to showcase, or talk about, so
people can gather and talk about X in one spot.

Currently we don't seem to have another
> one scheduled, but the original thinking was that it should be twice a
> year. That would make our next social night May.

- Perhaps make December or January a social one, closer to the holidays.

> Should I schedule this? Are we happy with the frequency of social
> nights?
>
> Also: I am still interested in the topic of data recovery. John: are
> you still willing to present OpenSleuth? If so, you could have a 20
> minute slot as part of our demo night in March, you could have a half
> slot (May? June?) or you can have a full presentation slot. This offer (for
> this topic or others) goes to anybody else reading this as well.
>
> One topic I am interested in is understanding IPv6 from a practical
> perspective. What do we need to know? Is there some transition
> deadline that we should be worrying about?
>

> - Paul
>
> --
> http://pnijjar.freeshell.org

Khalid M. Baheyeldin