[kwlug-disc] What are people using in Windows to map drives to their sftp servers?

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Fri Nov 5 11:44:59 EDT 2010

On Thu, Nov 04, 2010 at 05:43:34PM -0400, unsolicited wrote:
> Paul Nijjar wrote, On 11/04/2010 5:32 PM:
>> On Thu, Nov 04, 2010 at 02:10:44PM -0400, unsolicited wrote:
>
>> Do you need a drive letter or is making a fake (non-mappable) folder enough?
>
> Something that can be typed into explorer, I think. So that Windows apps
> can sync it, such as robocopy, Karen's Replicator, or fsync. (rsync being
> problematic in my experience to date / win+cygwin, probably having some
> element of nfs difficulty in there.)

If you need something that Windows apps can sync then life gets
harder.

My solution has been to use cwrsync and Samba shares for secure
transfers. It has worked okay for me.

I have also used regular FTP folders in Windows, knowing that they are
pretty insecure.

- Paul

--
http://pnijjar.freeshell.org