[kwlug-disc] Cash becoming illegal?

Insurance Squared Inc. gcooke at insurancesquared.com
Thu Nov 4 19:56:49 EDT 2010

Trust me, you're not paranoid enough.  Saying it's frowned upon is not
near close to the truth. The current regulations surrounding money
laundering and terrorism is insane.  If you come to me to put money into
your life insurance policy and hand me cash, I ask for some ID, you
decline and take your business elsewhere, I am *required* by law to
complete a report with the government.  Required.  By law.  That one
slipped by the public a year or two ago with no outcry.

I don't think they can require people to take money.  We don't accept
cash or money orders, or anything like that anymore - just refuse to.
The hoops I have to go through and the problems I open myself up to in
doing so just mean I'd rather pass on the business than deal with it.