[kwlug-disc] [OT] QOS router

John Van Ostrand john at netdirect.ca
Mon Nov 1 15:40:00 EDT 2010

In Linux there are several queue disciplines to choose from. The normal one
is a fifo. There are class based queues as well as bandwidth limiting ones.
They can and usually are layered to achieve the desired result.

One may say that a certain type of packet has first priority but is limited
to a certain bandwidth cap. This prevents one class from overwhelming
another.