[kwlug-disc] PostgreSQL vs SQL Server Installation Faceoff

John Van Ostrand john at netdirect.ca
Mon May 31 12:47:54 EDT 2010

----- Original Message -----
> IFAIK the SQL server install is just for the engine. Also it was
> install form SD disk and pg from internet.

I like the idea of this and it certainly applies to real-world cases. Some might argue that the install time is one of the least costs during the ownership of the product, especially for big, complicated software with a key role in the organization.

I suppose we could remind them that this is just a single case and it applies to most of the software needing to be installed.

Our customers do like the fact that they ask for some new functionality and we put it in place within minutes of the phone call.

--
John Van Ostrand
CTO, co-CEO

Linux Solutions / IBM Hardware