[kwlug-disc] June meeting - short presentations.

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Thu May 27 18:35:26 EDT 2010

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 04:54:28PM -0400, Richard Weait wrote:
> On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 4:47 PM, John Van Ostrand <john at netdirect.ca> wrote:
> > It seems I forgot to write up my Home Wiring DSL hacking.
>
> Or, I failed to click the "more" link and see the full schedule.

I would recommend the following:

0. Richard feel free to make his talk longer than 5 minutes so that
people attending the talk for that reason don't feel cheated
(especially since I know my talk is likely to run for 20 minutes).
I expect there could be lots of discussion around Richard's topic as
well.

1. If Raul really wants to speak he can do so, but that there is not
necessarily a need to fill the time. We could easily schedule a future
set of short presentations if people want (March is currently
available).

2. That we do have time for healthy Q&A between sessions.

I also recommend that some people volunteer to help me run the
evening. Because I am presenting I won't be able to do doorbell duty
so easily.

I also also recommend that the various presenters tell me if they need
anything more than a screen, microphone and projector for their
presentations. In particular, if you need wired internet it would be
helpful to know.

- Paul

--
http://pnijjar.freeshell.org