[kwlug-disc] kwlug impressions of Android? [Was: Re: DailyTech - Android 2.2 Now Available for Nexus One Users]

Raul Suarez rarsa at yahoo.com
Mon May 24 18:30:59 EDT 2010

--- On Mon, 5/24/10, unsolicited <unsolicited at swiz.ca> wrote:
> Thanks for the note, Raul. (Does he develop?)

He does not develop.

> Is it the touchscreen that is
> really making it 'user friendly'?
With phones with buttons I have to think which button to press. With touchscreen it is just natural.

> If all one wanted was e-mail,
Just for email I would not cough up the dough for an Android/iPhone.

A 100 bucks blackberry may be all you need.

> Android is going to win?

According to my non-geek children it will. Their age range are going to Android over iPhone.

Raul Suarez

Technology consultant
Software, Hardware and Practices
Twitter: rarsamx