[kwlug-disc] How Canonical makes money ...

John Van Ostrand john at netdirect.ca
Sat May 15 18:32:38 EDT 2010

It might be hard to unseat RHEL and Suse. I've talked to software vendors
and they claim supporting even two distros is expensive. The large ones
claim they do so to keep competition open and have some leverage over each
distro.

If only Windows software vendors were so wise.

I pushed things like LSB but it's not a decent option.  It was a while ago
so I wonder if things have changed with Ubuntu's strong presence.