[kwlug-disc] How Canonical makes money ...
kb at 2bits.com
Fri May 14 22:50:26 EDT 2010
On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 8:12 PM, William Park <opengeometry at yahoo.ca> wrote:
> This begs the question... how does Ubuntu make money (eventually)?
They are a private company, so numbers are not readily available, but ...
They have several initiatives for making money.
- "Cloud" offering where people can store their stuff and pay for it.
- Enterprise Cloud offering.
- Support for enterprise clients (both desktop and servers)
- Partnerships (e.g. inclusion of proprietary packages in special
- Certification for hardware
Now, how successful is any of the above? One can only guess.
Khalid M. Baheyeldin
Drupal optimization, development, customization and consulting.
Simplicity is prerequisite for reliability. -- Edsger W.Dijkstra
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. -- Leonardo da Vinci
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the kwlug-disc_kwlug.org