[kwlug-disc] Can OSs demand too much?

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Fri May 14 19:33:14 EDT 2010

Shane wrote, On 05/14/2010 5:18 PM:
> Hadn't thought of that; I'm using GNOME.  I can't see how that
> could make a difference.  That, of course, doesn't mean it can't.

They use different graphics libraries. Including, evolving differently.

Not to say you can't do one on the other, but I presume your comments
are not based upon running a KDE app in Gnome.

> I do believe I will try Lucid first, then maybe 8.something.  All
> my data is on a flash drive so I won't lose anything.
>
> I just had a idea.  Since I have the install CD I'll try running
> from that.  Maybe something went wrong with the install.

What leads you to think that? Or that repeating the process will
change the result? Making different install choices?