[kwlug-disc] {Disarmed} Re: {Disarmed} Re: freephoneline.ca?

John Van Ostrand john at netdirect.ca
Fri May 14 11:35:46 EDT 2010

I had heard something a while ago that some provider could make money
terminating calls. They would earn a portion of the long distance charges
for incoming calls. Shaving toll charges if you will.

Rest assured they are making money somehow. Maybe they are collecting
demographic info and selling it and your phone number. Perhaps the softphone
is also collecting web usage stats and other info like email.

There is a business model there somewhere.

  _____