[kwlug-disc] Purging already removed Debian packages.

Andrew Cant acant at alumni.uwaterloo.ca
Fri May 14 11:09:25 EDT 2010

Thanks everyone for you response. It looks like Khalid has the winning
submission.
Doing a purge through apt-get complains that the package is not
installed, and therefore cannot be purged.

But aptitude seems to handle this situation no problem, purging the
offending package even when it is removed.